If you have a nagging pain in the outer part of your knee then it can be a symptom of Iliotibial Band Syndrome (ITB). Runners are more prone to ITB syndrome, ITB is a long, thin band of fascia which runs down to your thighs. Continuous sliding creates excess friction when your knee is bent at the 30 degrees. In ITB syndrome IT bands become irritated, tight, and inflammation. This causes friction on the outer part of the knee which is painful this pain is also known as hip pain.
In this article, I will tell you about the causes and symptoms related to Iliotibial Band Syndrome. You will also read about CBD and how CBD can help in reducing the symptoms of ITB syndrome.
ITB syndrome: Causes & Symptoms
ITB syndrome can affect anyone especially hikers, cyclists, and runners. ITB syndrome is caused by the friction of the IT band because of which IT band rubs against the bone. In ITB syndrome pain can be observed while moving the knee. Here are some risk factors related to IBT syndrome.
- IT band tightness with the injury.
- Weak hip and abdominal muscles.
- Weakness and lack of flexibility.
- Knee arthritis.
- Flat feet
- Different leg lengths
ITB syndrome: Symptoms
- Sharp and burning pain over the outer part of the knee.
- Swollen knee
- Regular pain while bending the knee
- Limited knee movement
- Feeling a pop or click on the outer part of the knee
- The outer part of the knee becomes red and warm.
CBD in IBT syndrome
CBD is a chemical compound which is found in a different strain of the plant. CBD is extracted through different methods like olive oil extraction method, dry ice extraction method, CO2 extraction method, and ethanol extraction method. CBD is available in different forms like oil, tincture, topical, wax, powder, and isolate. CBD has holistic properties like anti-pain and anti-inflammation. CBD also helps in treating different medical conditions like cancer, anxiety, bipolar, depression, insomnia, ADHD, ADD, acne, strokes and many more. When CBD is consumed it interacts with the endocannabinoid system of our body, this endocannabinoid system is responsible for regulating mood, energy, hunger, and pain.
The endocannabinoid system is found in every part of our body, it helps in regulating pain, stress, mood, and hunger. When you consume CBD it bypasses the pain, you can also consume CBD in different forms like oil, tincture, topical and edibles.
Other ways to treat ITB syndrome
Rest & Ice massage
It is better to stop all sports and physical activity. Use an ice pack to massage the affected area, it will reduce redness and swelling from the knee.
Stretching & massage
Deep tissue massage therapy is very essential in IBT syndrome it increases the healing process and strength of the knee. Different types of stretching like lengthening stretch, clamshell, side leg shift, and the hip hike will help in strengthening.
In severe case-patient might go under surgery in which removable of the irritated structure is done. This is the last option for ITB syndrome.
From where to buy CBD?
When looking for CBD then visit Thought Cloud (thoughtcloud.net). CBD from Thought Cloud is pure and lab tested, it has zero strain of THC which makes it non psychoactive in nature. All the CBD products are made from non-GMO raw materials which makes it completely vegan.
Thought Cloud offers different products like bath bombs, serum, cream, oil, and facial mask.
Medical benefits of CBD
- It reduces the pain by regulating the endocannabinoid system, it also reduces inflammation and swelling in different joints.
- Use of CBD oil reduces the symptoms of anxiety, depression and bipolar. CBD has antidepressant properties which limit the paranoid thoughts.
- CBD can elevate cancer symptoms like nausea, vomiting, and chronic pains.
- CBD is beneficial in reducing acne because it controls the overproduction of sebum.
- It also treats the symptoms related to Parkinson’s disease and epilepsy.
- Different studies have shown that CBD can benefit heart in different ways. It helps in balancing the blood pressure.
Final Thoughts On CBD For Treat Iliotibial Band Syndrome
If you are involved in different sports activities like running, cycling, and football then you have more chances of having IBT syndrome. The symptoms may vary from swelling to severe pain so be careful in identifying the symptoms of ITB syndrome.
If medications are not helping then you can also use CBD to get relief from ITB syndrome. CBD has shown positive evidence in reducing the symptoms of ITB syndrome.
Interesting Read: CBD In Coconut Oil